Why do we assess?
- To find out gaps in a child’s learning.
- To identify what we should cover next in planning.
- To see how your child apply what they know.
How do we share this with you?
At the moment, we share through the individual reports about your child that come out twice a year, at partnership meeting, IEP meetings (where appropriate) and when requested information from families. Sometimes individual discussions can be had around recent formal assessments if requested.
What can we at St John's do to improve at when sharing assessment information?
- We need to share more of the growth and progress seen in reading/writing and maths about your child.
- We want your child to get better at sharing their goals as well as their learning, successes, and achievements.
- Share on our class newsletters and through seesaw the learning outcomes for the year group.
How can I get involved as a parent/family member around assessment?
- Read our newsletter to connect with the class information.
- Be part of the partnership meetings and read the report for your child about where next.